Sunday 28 December 2008

A child is born

Announcing the birth of my heir, Sebastian James Connor, born 27th December 2008 at 11:29 and weighing in at a sprightly 6 lbs 8 ozs. Here he is fresh from his birth throes.

His mother Elissa has now firmly established her earth mother credentials with a completely natural birth - no palliative medicines, not even a piece of bark to bite down on! Honey, I salute you!

What I have seen of the little fellow's temprament so far has led me to expect great things. Last night he slept soundly and whenever he is discomfited he can be easily placated by picking him up. I am twice blessed! Even if several kill-joys have told me not to put the pot on: you know who you are.

His long, athletic limbs lead me to believe that the Connor gene is dominant in this incarnation but the Soave mouth is clearly in evidence and he has my mothers nose (on second thoughts the nose may be the inevitable consequence of his tempestuous journey down the birth canal and will probably rectify itself). Every child is indeed a miracle.

No comments: